Friday, April 25, 2014

The Saying "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix"...

People always say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But no one tells you that doing a little maintenance on some of your more expensive – and important – utilities can save you thousands of dollars. Before I sound like a car insurance commercial let me set the scene for you. I purchased my first home at 27. I was completely scrapped for cash, so I bought a quaint fixer upper. About a year in and 10 or so renovation projects later – not to mention right in the dead of summer, my HVAC unit completely gave up. I was pulling up old carpet, drenched in sweat and to be honest, I didn’t have the money needed to put into a new unit. So I ended up spending some money towards purchasing new fans. About 6 months later, I had saved up enough to purchase a new HVAC unit, that’s when I was told I should consider having yearly maintenance by an expert in Air Conditioning Service in Florence SC. Ever since then, I’ve had someone come check out my unit twice a year. Knowing that if they find something wrong they’ll be able to fix it before it’s completely gone and I have to shell out even more cash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment